1-1/2 cups beer, let stand for about 45 minutes until flat
1- 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 egg yolks, beaten
2 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
Vegetables: cauliflower and broccoli florets, cooked artichoke hearts, green pepper strips, mushrooms, etc.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and garlic powder.
2. Stir in olive oil, egg yolks, and flat beer; beat until mixture is smooth. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
3. Dip all the vegetables in the batter.
4. Fry the vegetables in deep hot fat or oil at about 375°, a few at a time, for about 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Makes about 3 cups of batter for the veggies.